Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Orange 5 Fold ITALIAN
Adam Michael has this to say “If you have ever noticed citrus oils and seen the term 5 fold, 10, 30, 40 and even 50 fold and wondered what it means then you are not alone and I will try to explain.
All X FOLD orange oils derive from single fold oil (one time distilled) orange oil. So for example the sweet orange oil we sell is produced by distillation (single fold) and is the start of all X FOLD orange oil. Once that distillation has taken place we have our essential oil sitting in the vessel. We can bottle that up and sell it as orange sweet essential oil or we can rectify the chemistry and reduce the amount of undesired terpenes and sesquiterpenes. By doing this the remaining oil will have improved solubility, a longer shelf life, smell richer and have a higher flash point. We calculate our X FOLD number by working out how much of the terpenes and sesquiterpenes we have removed. So in this instance we have removed 80% from the original distillation. This leaves us with a 20% yield. 100/20 = 5 FOLD.
The aroma of this orange 5 fold is just like freshly squeezed orange with a splash of zing orange peel. As with many citrus oils it is cheerful and uplifting.
Botanical Name: Citrus sinensis